- Category: Hot Topics
- Created on Wednesday, 06 June 2012 13:44
- Last Updated on Thursday, 21 June 2012 13:18
- Published on Wednesday, 06 June 2012 13:44
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 1022
The fight against pertussis (whooping cough) continues with the number of cases increasing nearly 73 percent this year from the same time period in 20111,2. To help families across the country picture a world without pertussis, the Sounds of Pertussis® Campaign, a joint initiative from Sanofi Pasteur and the March of Dimes, is launching "Take Pertussis Out of the Picture."
Campaign spokesperson and four-time NASCAR Cup Series Champion Jeff Gordon is inviting all Americans to take the pledge to get an adult pertussis vaccine and participate in the "Take Pertussis Out of the Picture" initiative on Facebook. Leading the way, Gordon has shown his support and shared his family photo! Here's how you can join the cause and spread the word:
- Step 1: Visit the Sounds of Pertussis Facebook page and join the community.
- Step 2: Starting June 13th, submit a family photo and make your pledge to take pertussis out of the picture. For each photo published on the Facebook page, Sanofi Pasteur will donate $1 to the March of Dimes (up to $10,000).
- Step 3: Share your photo with family and friends and let them know about this important initiative.
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Sexual Experience and Contraceptive Use Among Female Teens — United States, 1995, 2002, and 2006–2010. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2012; 61 (17): ND-235. www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/wk/mm6117md.pdf. Accessed May 4, 2012.
2. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Hepatitis C Virus Infection Among Adolescents and Young Adults — Massachusetts, 2002–2009. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2011; 60 (17): 564.