The Well Child Exam Program is staffed with Registered Nurses that have been certified to perform child health screenings by the School of Public Health in Chapel Hill, NC.
We provide services for children ages 4 months to 21 years. We provide complete physicals for school, daycare and well child physicals.
The physicals consist of the following:
- Height/Weight - to determine if the child is underweight or overweight;
- Complete Head to Toe Assessment - with referrals for abnormal findings;
- ASQ (Ages and Stages Questionnaire) - to determine if there are any development delays;
- Lead Screening 1 to 6 years - to determine if the child has any abnormal lead levels in their system; and
- Insure immunizations are updated at each physical with education given to the parents regarding the vaccine, possible problems and how to help soothe your child.
We provide these services and with any abnormalities noted we refer to the proper channels.
By appointment only
We accept Medicaid and Health Choice are accepted. If uninsured or self pay these services are provided on a sliding scale based on income and family size.
Immunizations are provided at the time of physical if needed.